Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Funeral












Chris and I drove BACK to Mobile (the third time in 12 days) yesterday. We woke up early this morning to attend my grandfather (Daniel Scully)'s funeral. My mother's siblings and their children came in town and got to hang out with Sam before we made it home. I think Sam had a good time in Mobile without Chris and me. I'm relatively sure we didn't cross his mind once...

The funeral was very very nice. I didn't expect so many people to show up, and Deacon Pryor did a great job with the homily. An honor guard met us at the cemetery. I totally thought it would be just a bunch of punk ROTC high school kids but it was the cutest group of little old men! They did a great job and really topped off a wonderful ceremony for a wonderful man.

The drive back to Macon wasn't too bad...Sam was the best he's been so far! I'm only awake now because I have no pants clean for work tomorrow, and I'm waiting on the washer to stop! The photos are of Sam hanging out with friends/family over the last couple of days.

~Kathy

No comments: