Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good and Bad


We drove back to Mobile on Friday to attend a birthday/anniversary/graduation party for Chris's brother and parents. Sam did great on the drive but got a little too much stimulation too late in the night once we got in town and it took us a while to get him to sleep. He got to see all of his cousins on Saturday at the party, including his cousin Noah (in the photo) who is just two months older. Good times were had by all, and Sam did great with all the new faces.

Sadly, my Mother's father (Daniel Scully) passed away early early Saturday morning. He had been sick for some time, and while this is a sad event, it also brings some peace to our family knowing he is no longer in pain. The funeral will be Wednesday at 10am at St. Mary's in Mobile. I don't have a ton of vacation saved up at work because of Sam's surgery, so we drove back to Macon tonight and will drive back to Mobile for Wednesday to attend the service. Since the drive back and forth in such a short amount of time would be too hard on Sam, we left him with my parents. They were thrilled, clearly. I'm missing him a bit, but we'll see him again in 48 hours! It will be our third trip to Mobile in 12 days. I hate the reason for our 3rd visit, but I'm excited to see some family that we haven't seen in a while, and I'm excited for family to meet Sam.

I'll post more photos when I get my camera back (I left it in Mobile so Mom could take photos of Sam with our family as they arrive in Mobile).

~Kathy

No comments: