Monday, June 15, 2009

Pool Time!








The last time we were in Mobile, my mom bought Sam a baby pool. We finally got a chance to blow it up and use it today! Sam was a little apprehensive at first but he loved it in the end. He's getting so much better at holding his head and shoulders up, and we noticed today that he is really getting to where he can support himself momentarily in a sitting position.

One of Sam's teachers said she felt like Sam was behind with his motor skills. I knew this, but it felt kind of harsh to hear it come from a relative stranger. She thinks (in her non-medical opinion) that he may need therapy. I personally don't think we are at the point of needing therapy yet. I think he lost a month of development around his surgery, and I'm sure he'll catch up. He has a pediatrician appointment coming up so we'll see what she thinks.

Sam still has a cough. He's had it for about 8 weeks now. We discovered that his blood pressure medicine (lisinopril) has a side effect...a cough!! And he's been on the lisinopril for about 8 weeks. We'll see what the pediatrician thinks on this one too, and maybe we can change his meds and nip this thing for good!

Sam has found his voice. He LOVES to make a super high pitch squeal (like when you pinch a balloon opening). He especially loves to do this in the middle of church! He has also started to laugh a lot more. He laughs at Chris mostly...he's definitely a Daddy's boy.

On an unrelated note, I'm tired of lugging Sam's baby fat around. Not HIS baby fat, but the fat he left on me after he was born. I started Weight Watchers. My sister in law is having great success with it so I thought I'd give it a try. I looked at a few gyms in the area but they are WAY too expensive and I really don't have time. When Sam gets older and I feel more comfortable leaving him in the gym daycares, maybe I'll get a membership. For now, kickboxing videos and Weight Watchers will have to do.

~Kathy








4 comments:

Christi said...

I love the tooshy picture!! That is so cute!!! I agree about the daycare lady being a bit harsh-- cut the little fella some slack! He's been through a lot in his short little life! Don't worry about it- you have enough to worry about. Every baby is DIFFERENT and not all of them have had surgery like he has! And if he does end up needing some therapy-- he will be fine with that too!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I read your blog often. We pray for Sam and that he lives a LONG healthy life! If I was you; I would have told that teacher to KISS MY A**!! We think Sam is doing amazing! He is a beautiful baby!! Also, we think you and Chris are wonderful parents!! Keep up them great work!!!

Anonymous said...

Nana says Sam is just fine, and when he is ready to do things he surely will! Give him a month and he will be right where he should be, and then we will all be telling him to sit down and leave things alone! We look at Sam's pictures every day and count the blessings.
Nana and Pops

Ali Lionberger said...

Say girl, put Sam in a stroller and walk around with him in the evenings when it's not so hot! It's surprisingly good resistance training/cardio!