Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day and 6 Month Shots

Chris had a good First Father's Day (as far as I can tell, anyway)! Sam and I made him his requested breakfast: cinnamon rolls and a tomato basil omelet. We bought peg board and tool holders to complete (or almost complete) Chris's work station in the garage. I have to admit it looks pretty good, and clears out some much needed shelf space!

Sam went to the pediatrician for his 6 month check up. He weights 17lbs 10oz (30%), is 27 inches long ( 55%), and has a head circumference of 17.5 inches (60%). She said he looks great! I asked her about the need for therapy and she thinks he is doing just fine, and doesn't need anything at this time. We also asked her about this chronic cough. She doesn't have any experience with Lisinopril side effects, so she wants us to ask our cardiologist. She said his lungs are clear though, and said if the Lisinopril isn't the culprit, that we can try a prescription antihistamine (in case this is allergies). We'll see what Dr. Cardis thinks. I actually thought the cough was getting better last week but all the sudden last night it came back with a vengeance. Needless to say, Chris and I were very tired this morning.

Sam also got his 6 month shots. It was tragic. He survived though, and hopefully we won't have the fever like we did last time.

Exciting news: A Publix store is opening TOMORROW right across the street from our neighborhood. We can't wait.

Sad news: I doubt I will make it to Kathryn's Bridesmaid Brunch, rehearsal, or After Rehearsal Dinner. I worked a couple of weekends, and knew I should get compensated a weekday off of work. I guess I requested the date too late, and now they can't find coverage (someone to take my patients for the day). I'm super sad. And once again it will be a whirlwind weekend in Mobile where we drive in just long enough to NOT get to see anyone and then drive right back to Georgia. I was also looking forward to taking a day off of work for something OTHER than a Sam Episode. The wedding should be great though...I hope my dress still fits...

~Kathy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boar's Head sandwich meat at Publix rocks! Go for the buffalo chicken. Plus, freshly stocked organic vegetables!

Happy Father's Day Chris!

Josh