Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sam's First Party and Mommy's First Mommy's Day





Yesterday we went to Sam's first birthday party. Our neighbors' beautiful little girl turned 3. They had a big party in their back yard, complete with McDonalds burgers and Chick-fil-a nuggets (kid and daddy food essentials). There were a ton of kids there, and the birthday girl got WAY more presents than I ever got on any one birthday! She was clearly having a blast! Sam had a good time too. He met a bunch of new faces, including the birthday girl's 3 month old adorable cousin! My clinical instructor from one of my internships happened to be there (his daughter was an invitee). It was really nice to catch up with him and hear about his new clinic.

Today was Mother's Day. Chris kindly got up with the baby in the middle of the night, and then again when he woke up at 7am. While I slept, Chris and Sam made breakfast for me. We all went shopping for new clothes. Sam ended up with the most swag, naturally. We went to church. Sam has learned that he has a voice...and he decided to use it....ALLLL during mass. The obstetrician who delivered Sam sat right in front of us. We spoke after, and she was so surprised at how chubby Sam is getting! We went grocery shopping after church and spoke with our super sweet pharmacist, who is expecting a little girl in September. She was surprised, too, at Sam's growth. He's just thriving...what can I say!

It was a good weekend. I hate that it's over already. I hope all the momma's had a good Mother's Day. I have so many friends who are new mommies this year...I hope they especially had a good one! Say a special prayer for new mommy Christina (Catherine Cannon Arensberg's big sis) who spent her first Mother's Day in the NICU next to her first baby. Mom's go through a lot for sure, and she has already been through more than any mom I know.

~Kathy

No comments: