Wednesday, May 6, 2009

First Fever





Sam had his first fever today. I'm actually pretty impressed we went 5 months without a fever. And I'm pretty sure this one isn't because he's sick. He got his 4 month vaccines yesterday. (We had to skip the 4 month vaccines at 4 months because he was fresh out of surgery...we are now trying to make up for lost time!) He woke up warm, but not feverish this morning. He was, however, super cranky and really didn't want to wake up at all. I brought him in to school anyway since he didn't have a fever. Naturally, school called an hour later saying he had a 100.2. Their rule is when you hit 101 you have to take your baby home. They were just giving me a heads up that his temp was rising and that I might have to pick him up.

SOOOO by lunch I had to pick him up! But now that he is home, had a warm bottle and a dose of Tylenol, his fever is reducing. He is napping now, and I feel pretty confident he'll feel fine by tonight. He didn't react this way to the first vaccines, but apparently it's really common for kids to get a little feverish. Poor baby...

On a more positive note, Sam is now sleeping in his own room! Now that I don't feel like I have to keep a close eye on him due to low oxygen, he has been moved to his crib in his nursery at night. He sleeps great up there, up to 11 hours at a time on occasions! And while it is nice to have our room back to ourselves, I can't help but wake up and stare at the baby monitor sometimes in anxious paranoia, just waiting for a little cry to come over the speaker.

These photos are from the weekend. Check out that battle wound on his chest! The girls are gunna go crazy over that scar when he's older!
~Kathy

1 comment:

Chris, Amy and Baby said...

Hey! I'm so glad to see how well Sam has healed!! Ya'll are in our prayers often.