Sunday, July 26, 2009

Great Weekend



We had a great weekend! We drove to Birmingham to see Chris's cousin, Josh. Josh has battled cancer in various places over the last two years. He had half his lung removed on Thursday. They came to visit Sam in Atlanta when he had his surgery, so Sam HAD to go visit Josh! I didn't bring him the first day we went to visit, since Sam still has this cough from the Lisinopril...I didn't want to bring a kid with a cough into a room with a guy who just lost half a lung. But we brought Sam in today and Josh and his wife seemed glad we did. Sam has gotten to the stranger anxiety phase, but wasn't at all scared of Josh or Kimberly. They both held him, and until he got fussy because he was hungry, he had a great time. Josh was discharged shortly after we left, and is home recovering. We are so happy for him and his wife!

While we were in the 'Ham, we stayed at Chris's sister's house. Sam had a great time with his aunt, uncle, and cousins. Russell kept saying how much he loved Sam. He also mentioned that he wished baby Noah had the same name as baby Sam so he wouldn't have to remember two names. Kim and Jason watched Sam while Chris and I visited Josh and toured downtown B'ham. Even if it's just for a few minutes, it is nice to have time to ourselves. But we always miss our Sammers.

When we left B'ham today, we stopped and had lunch with some of my PT school classmates. Most of them hadn't met Sam yet, so it was fun to introduce everyone. They are seriously some of the coolest people I know. Everyone is doing great with their jobs, getting married, buying houses...it was wonderful to catch up. I really miss them and being with them...I guess when you spend at least 8 hours a day, everyday, for three years, you tend to get attached. I'm crossing my fingers for an Alabama/LSU football game reunion tailgate this year...

~Kathy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for bringing Sam to visit us and the cute card! Sam was by far our favorite hospital visitor. Come see us again soon.
Love,
Kimberly

Helen Moore said...

I have been keeping up with Sam for a bit now and I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well! If there is ever anything I can do for you guys please let me know!

Helen Moore (we spoke on the phone about my daughter before Sam was born)

Ali Lionberger said...

I'm running the Houston marathon. It isn't easy to get out of bed in the morning, especially knowing that I have to go to school/clinicals/work immediately after. But, the motivation to run this marathon as prepared as I can gets me going. I work too late into the evening to run at night. I also have a training partner who will chew my rear end if I skip a workout.