Saturday, July 18, 2009

5Ks and Such


Chris and I just finished a 5K in downtown Macon. Yes, I know...running in the south in July...we're crazy. The weather actually wasn't bad at all, and was probably the coolest day we have had in a LONG time. We walked a couple of tenths but ran (slowly) the rest. Two great girls from my work ran, too. The one in the middle (Stephanie) is leaving to Arizona soon, and I am going to miss her terribly. She's my team OT and she is the best OT I have worked with while at the rehab hospital. Or ever, actually.

Sam stayed at our neighbor's house. He was so funny when we dropped him off. You can tell he is starting to recognize faces as either familiar or not familiar, and he was staring down my neighbor like she had two heads. But apparently after we left he played and flirted with their beautiful granddaughter, drank a full bottle, and fell right to sleep. When we picked him up he was knocked out, and he woke up on the walk back to the house. I thought for sure he'd be up for a while but he fell right back to sleep when I laid him down! What a good kid.

For all those runners, joggers, and non-athletic-philanthropic peoples out there, I want you to know about a run coming up on November 14. CVS pharmacy is hosting a 10K, 5K, 2K family run, and 100 yard dash for kids all to benefit Egelston Hospital (the hospital in Atlanta that saved Sam). We are recruiting people to run, walk, or donate money. All the money we raise will go to the Cardiac Services team, who truly gave Sam a second chance at life. When I get more info, I will post it. I want to get people to run or walk with us...it should be lots of fun for a great cause.

Now...off to my celebratory McDonalds fries!

~Kathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us know when you get the Atlanta run info. We will come up and "walk" the 2K (with Sam in the buggy if they let us). But will for sure do some fund raising.
Mom

Ali Lionberger said...

YAY FOR 5KS!!!! you're not crazy. if you're crazy, then i'm crazy. i won't be able to run in ATL, but i would like to make a contribution, so keep me posted.