Monday, February 1, 2010

New Tricks and a New Job

PHOTO: This is from today, outside of Publix. He was mad because he wanted the cart to keep moving...he's a sensory seeking kid...

Sam has added to his trick list. He has pulled all the way up to stand! I actually found him sitting up in his crib the other day (a real first)...of course, to make it a little extra special, he had somehow worked one arm out of his sleeve and through his neck hole. He can point out where our noses are. He doesn't know where his nose is, though. He can open and close doors and drawers with minimal finger pinching (so far). He climbs over everything, and seems pretty happy kneeling at toys to play. He has finally started to take reciprocal steps when supported under the arms...one step closer to walking!



Today, though, we had a mishap with one of our new tricks. He was reaching to pull up on my night stand, where my large, heavy digital SLR camera happened to be sitting. He caught the strap and pulled the camera right onto his head. Poor baby got a goose egg right away on his forehead. I just KNEW he was going to have a 5inch bruise because of his dang aspirin. Luckily the only damage was a quarter size purple forehead knot...and lil' Sammer's pride.

I had my orientation at my new job today! I have a REALLY big office, my own desk, and my own computer (all are MAJOR upgrades from my current job). They are getting in all the new pediatric PT equipment this week. I'll be unloading and organizing it all on my first day, February 15! Check out their web site and my staff member biography: http://www.thespeechpath.com/

~Kathy

PHOTO: Chris and Sam at 6:30am. Good Morning, Mommy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love this morning picture ! So sweet ! And I think I can see that blue bump on the forhead from Sam's close encounter with a mean ole camera...
Nana

Stefenie said...

Adorable pictures of Sam!

Best wishes on the first day of your new job!

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com