Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sam's Icky week

Census is low at my work right now, so we are rotating PTs and OTs having a day off during the week. My day off was Tuesday. Sam and I stayed home from work and school and got all kinds of things done. When I took Sam back to school on Wednesday, there was a sign on his classroom door that said "ROTOVIRUS CONFIRMED IN THIS ROOM"....oh joy. But I thought maybe he'd be alright since I had kept him home on Tuesday, and maybe he'd missed the initial spread of the bug. However, as I discovered, rotovirus has a two day latency...he had actually picked it up on Monday and by Wednesday mid day he was showing symptoms.

I picked him up from school with a fever of 101 and he did throw up a few times that day. He had a low fever and diarrhea for the rest of the week. Chris stayed home with him Thursday and Friday. He woke up a much happier boy today! But still...in Sam's 9 months of life he has had two fevers and one bout of bloody stool...pretty good record, I think.

On an unrelated note, ALWAYS question your medical bills. We have discovered that literally ALL the medical bills we have received since Sam's birth have been in error in some form or fashion. If we had just paid them, we would have paid about $10000 in unnecessary payments. This past week I did A LOT of work going through hundreds of insurance EOBs and found huge errors. If they had been smaller and fewer bills we probably would have just paid them. But when you get $4000 bills, you naturally tend to question their accuracy! Long story short, we owe nothing.

On another unrelated note, I have become a master diaper cake maker. They are great baby gifts, and super adorable! I'll post some photos when I finish handing out the three that I still have sitting on my counter.

~Kathy

2 comments:

Laura Jaudon said...

Kathy- My mom has taken up diaper cake making, and has now ventured to using dish towels and making them for wedding showers too, just a thought!!

Anonymous said...

Your Awesome!
I've made many things in my years asa Mom but that one takes the cake!
Mom W.