Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another Eventful Weekend


We had another travel weekend. This time we went to Mobile for the wedding of a friend of ours from high school. Chris had flown to Houston during the week for business, so my mom, Amanda, Sam, and I drove to Mobile on Friday. We got in late, and then I had to go pick up Chris, who flew into Pensacola from Houston. Randomly Chris met up with a friend of ours from grade school in the airport, and we drove him home from P'cola, too. It was a nice surprise, although I wish I had been more awake to have a better conversation...it was 2am when we finally got back to Mobile.

Saturday was Matt Shelby's wedding. It was at the Explorium in Mobile, which is a great place to have a wedding if you have a lot of kids present...or a lot of adults who act like kids. We had such a good time playing in the Explorium, and it was so nice to hang out with friends we have had since 4th grade! The wedding was super sweet, the reception was too much fun, and to top it off, we took the after party to Mobile's newest night club...a dueling piano bar! Sam was present for the wedding and then went home with Chris's mom. But he had a great time meeting our friends...he even loved up on my friend Angela, whose purple dress he was particularly drawn to! A little LSU fan, I guess!


We also went to meet our friend Catherine and Thomas's new baby boy, Thomas Michael. He is so freakin' adorable, and so small! He weighs 8lbs, and yet looks so tea tiny. I can't believe Sam was ever that small! Sam got to meet little Thomas, and his big sister Addie. Addie, who is 14 months, waved at Sam, and Sam hugged on her little leg like he was totally in love! Adorable...

A prayer request: There are a ton of things and people to pray for right now, and it's hard to give you just one. But in particular, my friend from high school and her husband are pregnant with a baby girl who has a trisomy condition. They have been told she will not survive outside of her mommy. They are having a tough time reconciling with this, as anyone would. I think and pray for them everyday. We talked a bit tonight, and like she said, sometimes it is hard to know what to pray for. But Chris and I learned the value of prayer with Sam. There were times when I didn't feel like praying, and times when my mind was too busy to pray. It was in those times when I was comforted to know that there were other people doing the praying when I simply could not. Say a prayer for them and their baby girl, so that when they are too disheartened to do so themselves, they too can know someone else is getting the prayers said!

~Kathy

No comments: