Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Heartbeat

I just got back from the MD. It was a much faster appointment than the last one. I was in there for about 5 minutes total! All we did was listen to the heartbeat, which sounded great...147 beats a minute. It was so freakin' loud, it actually shocked the MD a little! My next appointment is July 23. I'll be 18-19 weeks then, and we will schedule the 20 week US at that point.

According to the scale, I have gained 5 lbs since day one (the goal is to only gain 25ish). And I am relatively sure it all came on in the last week. I bought my first pair of 'pregger' pants...the ones with the big soft waist band...they are the greatest! Chris was a little bothered by them...he said they are 'mom jean training pants.' I'm hoping that starting work next week (now that I have passed the board exam and have a license) will keep me gaining just what I need to and nothing more!! I'm so tired of sitting around this house and doing nothing!!!

I tried to get Chris to write an entry for the blog. He said he'll write one when it's 'man time'....when the nursery gets painted and the furniture gets put together!

~Kathy

2 comments:

grandmom cross said...

Our lil wim is growing quite nicely! And with a good strong heartbeat!

Mom W said...

Tell Chris at least when you wear larger and different cut clothes its for baby! What is his excuse?Hmmmmmmmmm?
Your doing great! It will get better once you have the baby really in your life!