Monday, June 2, 2008

Cancelled Tests

I cancelled the elective tests that my doctor suggested to me. She is really young and obviously really into the technology out there and for some people I'm sure these tests are very important. They are meant to detect Down Syndrome and a number of other trisomy conditions, as well as neural tube defects. But in all honesty it doesn't matter to us what they find or don't find on the tests. We would continue with the pregnancy either way. I guess if someone felt differently then it might be worth doing them. On top of that, it is likely not covered by my insurance, as it is an elective procedure, and I would rather spend $600 on baby stuff rather than a few extra ultrasounds!

~Kathy

2 comments:

The Foster Fam said...

It sounds like you both gave it a good think. I like the count down to baby thing...that is neat.

Mom W said...

Have Faith my children. God is on your side.
Love Mom W