Thursday, July 22, 2010

Things Sam Does

Sam is growing everyday.  He's getting taller, getting a sense of humor, and getting vocal.  He has finally picked up a few more words other than Dada, Momma, and Bye Bye.  He now also regularly says Stinky, Dog, Ball, Door, Shoe, Sock, Eye, Nice, Hey, Hi, Ruff Ruff, Car, and PooPoo.  He can say a handful of names: Nana, Pop Pop (which he says in a whisper thanks to a funny incident on our camping trip with my family), YaYa (which he says when he sees the house phone), Pop, and Aunt Amanda (which comes out as a three syllable word similar to 'annannda'.  He has also said a hand full of two word phrases. He can say 'Bye Bye Daddy (or Momma)' and 'Daddy, where are you' (which really sounds like "daddy, ahh ooo"). 

He especially loves all things Dog and all things Car.  I had made a diaper cake for a co-worker, and there was a dog stuffed animal on top.  I was carrying him out to the car and we passed by the cake on my counter.  Sam took one glance and said "Ruff Ruff".  As if I didn't think that was genius enough, we were merging onto the interstate yesterday and Sam said "Ruff Ruff Car".  I thought he was just running through his favorite words, but then I realized the truck just in front and to the left of us had a dog in the back.  SOOOO smart, right??  He really does amaze me, considering we went from nothing to a whole bunch of words in just a few weeks.

His walking is getting much better, although he still falls and trips frequently...more so than I think is normal but then again I don't have anything to compare him too.  They daycare thinks he is doing great, and is already moving him up to the older toddler room.  Even though he isn't as good of a walker as the other kids, the administrator said that he is really good during structured activities in his current room (unlike some of the other kids), and she thinks he would learn more in the next room up because it is more structured.  I kind of hate it though...we JUST moved up from the baby room a month ago!  As long as they don't come to me and say they are moving him on up to Kindergarten in a month, I guess we'll survive.

~Kathy

3 comments:

Stefenie said...

Awww it is great to hear that Sam is doing so well! YAY!!

Ali Lionberger said...

I'm glad Sam is a dog person!!! So cute!

Unknown said...

"annannda" - cute....a disciple of Buddha