Sunday, January 17, 2010

Birthdays and Tummy Bugs

This week was mine and Chris's birthdays (not sure on how to make that grammatically correct...). Mine was Thursday. Chris surprised me with a cake. Since my Christmas present was big (a NICE Trek mountain bike), and was supposed to count for my bday too, his present for me on my birthday was to listen out for Sam while I took a super nice bubble bath. It was fantastic. I also got too pick dinner...5Guys Burgers and Fries. It, too, was fantastic.

Friday was Chris's birthday. It was destined to be a bad day. I woke up nauseous, but tried to go to work anyway. I lasted about 20 minutes at work before I realized it wasn't going to happen. By the time I got home I was hurling. I spent the entire rest of the day between the bathroom and the bed. By night I was feeling a little better, and wanted to make Chris's birthday nice. We attempted to go out to eat for something 'light'. We went to a Thai place called Lemongrass. I just ordered rice. But it didn't matter, Sam was a total butt and we had to get them to pack up dinner to take it home. I felt kinda bad for Chris, but we decided to get him nice Trek mountain bike for his birthday (which we picked up on Saturday) so I hope that made up for the bad day.

I felt much better on Saturday, but I guess my blood sugar/pressure was all out of whack because I nearly passed out Saturday morning. The rest of the weekend was quiet. We took Sam out for a ride on our new bikes and in his new bike trailer. We got him an adorable helmet, too. He liked the ride, but not the helmet.

Today, however, the tummy bug returned with a vengeance...this time for Chris. We were half way to church when we had to turn around. I had almost convinced myself I just had food poison, and not a bug. Alas, the bug has hit, and I am now super nervous Sam will be next. I'm saying a prayer it skips him. Of course, for all I know he gave it to us...he has a history of not seeming sick when he really is...

On another note, all our heart buddies are kicking butt in their recoveries from surgeries (weird how a whole group of them all had surgery at the same time for different reasons)! Little man "D" has his surgery tomorrow, so pray for a successful operation and recovery for him, as well as continued successful recoveries for Logan, Jordan, and Natalie.

~Kathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hope Chris is feeling better....nothing worse than a stomach virus, but especially on your birthday weekend. Sam you stay away from that bug. Sam looks so cute riding in his little buggy.
Nana

Ashley Langston said...

Hope yall are feeling better! We all had the stomach virus too. Matthew had it first on Sunday and by Tuesday Mom, Allie, and I all had it. It was awful! I hope Sam does not get it. Hope to see yall soon!
Love, Ashley