Sunday, December 6, 2009

Check-up, 5k, and Christmas Fun

Sam had his 12 month check up this week. I missed it (got locked out of my car...long story) but Chris went. Sam is growing like a weed. He is 32.5inches (100%), 23lbs (60%) and I don't remember his head circumference but it is in the 95%. We went from the bottom of the charts, to the middle, to bursting out the top. Dr. Sims said he looked great, and gave her own OK for our California trip. Everyone marvels at how well he is doing...I don't blame them.

Sam participated in yet another 5K (this makes 3 for him). We ran in the Macon Reindeer Run 5K to benefit Children's Hospital of Macon. I have a love/hate relationship with Children's of Macon. Their main pediatric floor contributed to the down-slide of Sam the night he almost died, and hesitated for hours before calling in our Cardiologist. BUT their PICU halted the down-slide and, by cooperating with our cardiologist and the cardios at Egleston, stabilized him enough to get him to Atlanta. Regardless, I'm sure they do wonderful things there. We ran with some friends and neighbors, who brought their kids too. Poor things...it was pretty cold. They all survived though, and Chris and I did pretty good (finished in 35 minutes).



Under the suggestion of our neighbors, we went to the Bolingbroke Christmas Parade. This little town doesn't even have a stop light, so naturally their parade was 'country'. Anyone with a John Deere tractor, big wheels on their trucks, a 4wheeler, or an antique car was asked to join in the line up. There was a group of civil war reenactors. Every 50 feet or so they would load their muskets with a blank and fire. Naturally all the kids started crying and screaming. Sam had on his snow cap, so he couldn't really hear the gun fire. Relo, however, almost peed himself in fear. The highlight for me, though, was the "Macon 1800 Club". This little group of all ages dressed in 1800 style clothes walked in the parade. One of the ladys, however, paraded in her 1800 style dress on her brand new HoverRound. Classic.



Goals for the rest of the week: finish shopping, finish wrapping gifts, run at least 4 times, and start a packing list for California!

~Kathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Packing list for Trip:
Sam's clothes
Sam's toys
Sam's Christmas
Sam's coat
Sam's puffs
Sam's blanky
Sam's seahorse
....sorry mommy and dad....no room for your stuff ! : )

Stefenie said...

Hey Kathy! I sent you an e-mail regarding Cuddles form the Heart. Let me know if you don't get it. Another mom had trouble receiving my e-mails so I had to use my other account. Anyway...it would be great to have you be a part of the project!

Thanks for sharing your blog with me and I look forward to staying in touch....Sam is adorable by the way!! :)

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com