Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving, Sam's First Birthday, and Blogger Award

We left Macon on Wednesday for Mobile for the long holiday weekend. We stayed at my parent's house but spent most of our days with Chris' family (since we'll be with my fam at Christmas). We had a great Thanksgiving dinner at the Wimberly's house. Sam's 'stranger' anxiety has really amped up in the last month, and he wouldn't let anyone hold him without pitching a fit. He did get some good time in with his cousins, especially Noah (who is only 2 months older). And Chris, Shannon, Mark, and I got some good runs in. We did a 10k distance on Friday and then just over a 10K on Saturday. I still doubt it even made a dent in the calories we took in.


We had Sam's first Birthday Party on Friday at the Wimberly's house. All of Chris's siblings and niece/nephews came, all of my siblings came, and we had a great turn out of our dearest friends. It was a little cold, but we had a cook out in the back yard. Sam had a pretty good time, considering he would only let me, Chris, or my mom hold him. He opened his presents and clapped at the end of just about each unwrapping. When it was time for cake he was starting to crash. He didn't understand what he was supposed to do with the cake, and then got pretty mad when we tried to 'show' him what to do. Needless to say, the cake was followed by a nap. He got some really wonderful gifts, and OUR gift was to be with our friends and family to celebrate such a momentous occasion. Thanks to everyone who helped put the party together and who came to enjoy this time with us. Chris and I are working out a plan for a special family day on Sam's actual birthday (this Thursday) to complete our celebration.


One last note: I was nominated for a little blogger award this past weekend by a 'heart mom' blogger, Sundie. The award is called the Heartfelt Blogger Award. It is super sweet of Sundie to nominate me. Her daughter, Sydnie, is a heart hero, and I love reading about her adventures and seeing her develop into a little lady in their blog called Sydnie's Sweet Heart! Here are the details of the award:

Here are the rules for the award:
1. Display the award logo
2. Nominate up to 9 blogs that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside
3. Link to your nominees and leave a comment on their blog telling them about the award
4. Link to the person whom you received the award

The following blogs are my nominees, and I check up on all of them frequently!

Amelia's Progress - Micro preemie Amelia and her courageous parents' blog. Amelia was born in April of this year, and has yet to come home from the hospital. Her journey has been truly moving, and her parents have come through it all in the most graceful and uplifting of ways.

Our Journey Together - My husband's cousin and his wife's blog. Josh is not much older than Chris and I, and he has already battled colon and lung cancer. His strength to push though, his fight to raise awareness, and his wife's never ending, steadfast love truly amaze me.

The Houston Branch of the Woodard Family - My BFF from LSU's blog. Tamara and her husband Mark are just a super sweet, wonderfully christian family. I love reading up on their adventures in 'newlywedhood'!

Oh boy... - Tamara's little sis's blog. Although I have spent very little time actually hanging out with Ali, her blog is freakin' hilarious. The way she writes about her adventures in hospital radiology and marathon training really crack me up.

... then came Grayson in the baby carriage - Grade school friend's blog. I have known Morgan from WAY back in the day. He blog about her ever sassy but always sweet daughter Grayson always make me smile. I LOVE her "Little Miss Chatterbox" section!

The Moses Family - Chris's cousin's blog. Amy has a cute little blog highlighting the new edition to this growing Catholic family, Benjamin. Her husband has a great Catholic centered blog too: Aggie Catholic

I follow a lot of blogs and could nominate them all. Thanks again to Sundie! Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday!

~Kathy

No comments: