Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Off the Vent

Sam is now off the vent! They pulled that out around 6am. They have also taken out his 'heart line' (like an IV into the heart), his NG tube, and some of his oxygenation monitors. We tried to get him to eat but he is still a little out of it. He has a really congested sounding breath, so they are doing some Chest PT to help him get it out. He is semi-awake at times, and then he'll be right back asleep. His nurse said that so far he is the easiest "Glenn" patient to work with...no signs of pain or headaches and he hasn't really been crying too much. His vital signs are very stable with minimal medication. He is still a little swollen but it is coming down with the lasix treatments. His chest tube drainage is minimal and those tubes may come out in the next 24-36 hours. We are so proud of his progress.

I took some great photos with our new camera. I will post them when I get a little more time. In case you are wondering, this hospital is AMAZING. They are truly miracle workers, and they are so kind and personable. Usually you are miserable in a hospital, but they have made it so easy for us.

~Kathy

2 comments:

The Woodards said...

Kathy and Chris-

We are so happy for you! We will continue to pray for you and sweet baby Sam. Thank you for keeping us updated. He's a fighter!

Love,
Tamara

Kristin and Blake said...

I am so glad that Sam is doing so well. Bless his sweet little heart...he is a fighter! I had no idea he had even had his surgery yet so I was surprised when I read your recent posts (miss a few days, miss a lot I guess). Y'all have been and continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Kristin