Monday, November 3, 2008

Showers and Such

It has been a bit since I added to the blog...not much has happened. We started our weekly non-stress testing. It's just a 30 minute heart rate and contraction monitor. So far so good. We are really looking forward to Friday...that is our next Cardiologist appointment.

We drove to Mobile this past weekend for two Baby Showers. One was thrown by my Mom and my friend from PT school, Melanie. It was really fun for me, since the people in attendance were people I have known from all stages of my life (grade school through the present). And two of my friends brought their two precious baby girls which is always highly entertaining! The second was a Wimberly Family Baby Shower. Much like the Wimberly Family Wedding Shower, I didn't know the majority of the people there!! I feel guilty for that, but their family is HUGE! I love that even though most of the people also don't know me, they still love and support their relatives, and sent me away with plenty of goodies to help with the newest member of their ridiculously large family.

Between the two showers we got just about everything we need to bring home a baby! Tons of clothes, car seat, stroller, swing, pack n play, towels, toys, bath stuff...we really are set now. Chris and I spent all night tonight putting things together, pulling off tags, and hanging clothes! We went from having nothing to having so much...we are both so so thankful!

~Kathy

2 comments:

Grammycross said...

The showers were so much fun....and baby Samuel was so warmingly welcomed by all! He really does have a large loving fan club waiting for his arrival.

Mom W said...

So happy to hear that you had such fun! It was so great to see you both so happy enjoying the moment together. May God continue to Bless you all three!