Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spasms?

About two weeks ago I thought I was getting kicked in the side, as I usually do, from Sam. But something was different. It was a lighter feeling kick, and it was really rhythmic. The next day I felt it again, in the exact same spot. So I decided I was having some kind of muscle spasm, like when your eye lid spasms and you get the little twitches. I even checked to see if it could be my own pulse I was feeling, but the little twitches didn't match my pulse rate. THEN I started feeling it in different locations, and over the course of the last week I went from feeling it once a day to feeling it 3-4 times a day. I kind of got worried the baby was having seizures, but once again, the 'twitch' I was feeling had a really regular beat to it. It was only last night when I realized what it is.......HICCUPS! I can actually feel Sam hiccuping! It is extremely hilarious for about 5 minutes, then it gets annoying. But all of the web sites I have looked at say it is a good sign that the lungs are developing normally, so we will definitely take that kind of good news any day!

~Kathy

1 comment:

Grammycross said...

awwwww.....I remember that feeling! So sweet....unless it happens at 2am. But it is still so sweet!