Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Two Baby-Moons

Our little family was lucky enough to have the chance to escape our Macon, GA world for two vacations in a row these last few weeks.

First we were blessed by our neighbors, who gave us a weekend at their Fripp Island beach house off the South Carolina coast.  It's a private island, so the crowd was super small.  This was Sam's first real beach experience, since the oil spill ruined our chances to hit up the gulf coast last summer.  He had a freakin' blast.  He saw the water on our first trip down to the beach, and saw all the kids running around without shoes and shirts, and immediately started stripping off clothes while running down the beach to the water.  It was so much fun to see him explore and experience the sand and water.  Our neighbor's beach house was awesome too, and Chris and I got in some good relaxation time.

The next weekend we drove up to Gatlinburg, TN to my parent's cabin.  We picked up my sister Amanda at the Atlanta airport on the way, and then met Chris's sister Shannon and her family up there.  We did a waterfall hike, and Chris, Shannon, Mark and the boys did a bike ride through Cades Cove.  I hope they enjoyed the break as much as we did.  After Chris's sister and her family went back home, my parent's drove up for the Easter weekend.  They picked up my brother along the way.  I didn't think Sam would ever recover from a full week of seeing his cousins and being spoiled by family.  I'm finally getting to that point in the pregnancy where I would rather sit than do anything else, so I hope I didn't ruin anyone else's time...but it was nice to have a full week in the mountains to just hang out with family.



Speaking of the pregnancy, me and baby are doing fine.  I have had 2 nights of braxton-hix contractions, but I'm pretty sure it's because I can't lay off the sweet tea and caffeine.  We had our 35 week ultrasound today.  Everything went great!  Lil' baby had his face hidden, so we didn't get to sneak a peak.  But he is measuring a little a head of schedule, and weighing in a 5lbs 12 oz.  We should finish the last little touch on the room Sam and brother will share this weekend.  Now comes the list of last minute details: pack the hospital bag, bring down the bassinet, buy the last little bit of essentials including little tiny diapers.  I'm ready.  I'm done wondering how this will all go down....I'm ready to just get started!


Kathy

2 comments:

Stefenie said...

Glad you all have been enjoying your family time together before baby arrives! Can't wait to meet you new addition!!

Shannon said...

I feel you girl! I'm ready (and need to get on those last little details) too. Ready for "normal" baby stuff! How exciting?!

Your baby-moons look perfect! I'm glad you were able to escape for a bit and get some rest. Fun!

Can't wait to meet the little one!!