Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Glenn-iversary

Today is Sam's second Glenn-iversary.  Two years ago, after a sudden medical crash where he nearly died, Sam went through a successful Bidirectional Glenn surgery at CHOA-Egleston in Atlanta.  It was at the same time some of the worst and best moments of our lives together as a family.  We went from rock bottom to new life.  Sam has started pointing to his scar recently.  He doesn't get it at all.  He looks at it like he looks at his belly button or his toes...it's just a body part.  But some day I hope he will look at it and feel proud and empowered by what he has gone through.  I remember taking photos of Sam without his shirt on before his surgery (before he got really sick) because I thought I would be so sad when I looked at his little scarred chest...I wanted to remember him 'pure'.  But I love his scars.  They mean life and hope, and remind me what the power of prayer and love can accomplish.  Love you baby Sam!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Momma.....I love you and daddy even more! Someday I will be able to tell you that loud and clear, but for now I tell you with my smile, my laugh, the cookie I share with you, the kisses and hugs! I love my momma and daddy so very much!
Love, Sam

Wodzisz Family said...

Happy Glenn-iversary! What a magnificent milestone,

Mommy said...

What a wonderful milestone! My son also noticed his scar and looks at it like just another body part. I too, hope that he will look at it and share his story with pride, much as I do. Happy Glenn-iversary!