Monday, November 29, 2010

Could Life Be Anymore Busy??

I think not.  We have had 3 busy busy weekends.  So much for posting more often.  And sorry for no photos in this post...takes too much time, and I don't have any to spare these days...

Three weekends ago Chris, Sam and I flew up to Fairfax, VA and met up with Chris's sister and her family.  We left Sam with Chris's Mom and the rest of the kids, and Chris, Shannon, Mark and I drove to Richmond, VA for the Richmond Marathon (Mark) and McDonalds Half Marathon (the rest of us).  With the exception of a HUGE fail moment (I, Kathy Wimberly, left my entire bag of running attire in Fairfax...don't worry I bought a whole new wardrobe the night before the race to make up for the mistake, and I appologized to Chris for blaming him even though it was my responsibility), the race was glorious.  Rather flat course, fair amount of distraction, and beautiful weather.  Being preggo, I didn't set out to break any records, but I ended up finishing far better than I thought I would!  Everyone else had personal bests, including Mark in his full marathon.  We drove back to Fairfax after the race and spent the next day limping around Washington, DC.  Sam enjoyed the city, until it was past nap time.  Sam has truly be around this country in his short life.

The next weekend we had Chris's other sister Lydia and her bf come for a visit.  We had a pre-thanksgiving dinner, complete with my first roast turkey!  It was beautiful.  Sam, naturally, enjoyed having people around to entertain.

This past weekend we took an extra day off work and drove up to my parent's cabin in Gatlinburg, TN.  We spent most of the Thanksgiving holiday lounging on the couch.  Chris and I went for a run in Smoky Mountain National Park, we had a birthday party for my Mom and a pre-party for Sam's birthday, and, of course, made more food for Thanksgiving than the 7 of us could eat.  Sam had a friggin' blast hanging out with Nana.  I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have batted an eye if Chris and I drove away and left him for the week.  He didn't so much enjoy my brother, John, who spent most of the weekend trying to annoy Sam.  Anytime Sam would see him or get near him, he would start making little whiny noises and flicking his hand at John telling him to go away. 

We were all back at work and school today, which was sad.  But no fear...the busy times never end.  Sam's 2nd birthday is Friday.  We are taking the day off and heading to Mobile for a party with family.  Then, Saturday I will be flying out to Las Vegas for the Rock n Roll Half Marathon with several local PT/OT buds, a PT school classmate, and an undergrad friend.  Not to mention Sam's cardiologist appt, pediatrician appt, ENT appt, and my OB appt!  Guess I should probably get some sleep!

~Kathy

No comments: