Monday, February 23, 2009

Mardi Gras, Baptism, and Day Care

Sam has officially had a busy week. Chris dropped me and Sam off with my parents at the half way point between Mobile and Macon so that I could spend a full week with him in Mobile with family and friends. Chris came down later in the week so that we could go to a few Mardi Gras balls in Mobile.

Sam was pretty good for the 6 hour car ride, and we stopped often for him. He got to visit McGill with my mom, and met plenty of friends of ours from our old church and school. He finally met the rest of Chris's family, including all 6 of his cousins. He was generally very happy, and even slept through the night for the first time!!

We had a joint baptism with Sam's cousin Noah at St. Dominic's on Saturday. Sam has already been baptized but we completed the ceremony for him (godparent's and such). It was really very nice and I feel like we got to have that 'experience' that we didn't get to have at the hospital. Sam even got a nice new christening outfit!

Today I returned to work (booo). Which meant Sam had his first day at the Day Care. I was all set to bring him but it took WAY longer to get ready this morning than I thought it would, and Chris has to take him so that I wouldn't be late for work. I did go visit at lunch though, and he was doing great. Chris and I were a little shaken up. It's hard to leave your baby with stranger. But Sam had a great day there, and they were all impressed by his laid back attitude. He gave us big smiles when we picked him up. He even learned a few things at 'school'. All of the sudden, he has now discovered his hand, he can lift his head up MUCH better, AND he is supporting his weight with his legs. All of those were things I was worried he was behind with doing! I think it may still take a few days/weeks but I foresee us being much more comfortable with our new routine here in no time.

I'll post some photos later (they are downstairs on our jump drive, and I'm too lazy to go get it!). But I would like to close by saying that through out this week, I talked to many many friends and strangers, all of whom read this blog. I had no clue that MOST of them even knew we had a blog, let alone actually read it! Not only that, but I heard from them over and over that they pray for Sam often. I want you all to know that this really touched me and Chris and I can never express how thankful we are for the support and prayers. Please know that it HAS made a difference in Sam's condition...our doctors never expected him to be this healthy. Please keep the prayers coming for him and know that we are praying for you. Also know that I can't wait for the day when he understand enough to learn how many people cared for him when they didn't even know him, and he gets to say a prayer for you, too.

~Kathy

2 comments:

Mom W said...

Hey Guys, I know the trip took a lot out of you but we are truly greatful for the time we spent with you and Samuel and or course Relo! Chris? not so much...Just kidding. You all are very special and we not only pray for Samuel...we pray for you two as well. May God keep you strong in Heart and Spirit to care for Samuel and each other.
Love, Mom W

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know I check this to keep up with you guys. I'm so glad you guys are doing so well. I keep Samuel and you guys in my prayers as well as in our church prayer circle. You can never have too many prayers coming your way ;)