Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Waiting

We finally received the appointment schedule for the fetal cardiologist. We will see him OCTOBER 3!! That is forever away!! We see the high risk doctor again right after the cardiologist appointment. We saw our regular OB this morning and had our usual 5 minute appointment to check the heart rate and check my BP and weight. His heart rate was 150 which is great...my weight, however, was RIDICULOUS.

So we continue our wait to hear more news on what we face in December. Until then, I do have an uplifting story to share. On Thursday, the day after we found out about the heart defect, Chris and I both received a 'sign'...if you believe in those sort of things.

I went to work, and was struggling with my new patient. He had a stroke that knocked out his cognitive abilities...I mean this guy takes his clothes off, has to be restrained to the bed, grabs at non existent objects...it's bad. He also had hardly spoken since being admitted. After an hour of struggling to get him to do ANYTHING in physical therapy, he turned to me and said "Sometimes God just gives you things and you just have to deal with it." I about fell off my chair.

Chris told me later that he woke up that morning and turned on the TV. The channel was already on CNN, and the story in progress was of Olympic gold metal swimmer Rebecca Soni. She had broken the world record for the 200 meter back stroke and won gold. The part of the story that meant the most to him was that she had done this after just having open heart surgery two years ago.

We know that we have a long way to go, and that many sad days may be ahead of us, but we also know that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. We are keeping the faith, and falling in love with our little special delivery...who kicks his mother constantly!

3 comments:

CMO said...

(FYI this is Amy)

I wanted to give you my love and support and share a certain verse, but when I opened my Bible to find it, this was the one I saw...God does a better job of sharing His word. :)


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13

jana h. taylor said...

Oh Kathy, I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. I beleive in signs and I firmly believe God has a plan for you guys. I dont know two stronger people who have a stronger faith than the two of you and I feel God gave you two this child because he knew you would love him and care for him in the way God intends. We will pray for you all constantly. I know you have plenty of friends and family for support, but should you need anything, just hollar! Our prayers are with you all and baby Wimberly! He looks beautiful from his pictures!
Much love and prayers, Jana H. Taylor

danielle said...

Hey Kathy and Chris. This is Danielle from Hillcrest Orthodontics. Just wanted to let you know I was praying for you guys and for your little bundle of joy! God still is the God of miracles!