Sunday, April 20, 2008

Secrets are hard to keep...

So it has been two weeks since I found out I was preggers. My goal was to keep it a total secret until we went to the MD to find out for sure that everything was okay. Of course, it was hard to keep it from some people. There are a few close friends in my PT class that I told, mainly because when I DIDN'T order a drink at dinner, they pretty much knew what was up. But I made a careless error this weekend! I was talking to my friends a little too loud at TCBY and a girl I knew from high school over heard me!! She told me congrats, and then I had to tell her not to tell anyone!! I forget so easy that Mobile is the biggest small city in the world and that between my family and Chris's, we know EVERYONE! I actually don't care who know, I just don't want my parents to know yet.

I tried to explain that to my friend, who apparently told her parents before she even told her husband! I don't mind telling my friends that something happened and we lost the baby. But it would kill me to tell that to my parents. This will be their first grandchild, and the first great-grandchild for both of their parents. We have had 4 people we know have miscarriages at various times during their pregnancies and I want to be as sure as I can be that our pregnancy is going well before I tell my parents. Since I haven't had a MD appointment yet, I'm just worried that I'll tell my parents and then find out at the MD's that somethings really wrong.

Although, so far, everything has been easier than I thought. I get little hot flashes, and occasional cramps. I have felt a little nauseous two random mornings but it went away after a while. I'm 6 weeks along now, so I guess if I'm going to start feeling bad it aught to start hitting me soon! Everything is still a go for the MD appointment on May 2. Chris will be in town then and will go with me. Hopefully I can keep everything quiet until then!

~Kathy

No comments: